Focus: Data and assessment to improve student achievement, evaluate needs, and set goals. Target Audience: Those responsible for school improvement; data, curriculum & instructional coaches; reading specialists/interventionists; teachers using data to plan and improve classroom achievement; assistant superintendents and administrators.
- Predicting/screening assessments (such as universal screeners in a Response to Intervention framework)
- Planning assessments (such as ePortfolios)
- Progress monitoring assessments (CBM's, formative tools, data team tools)
- Performance/mastery measures (Smarter Balanced/SBAC, other summative assessments, school improvement data)
- Other (such as online resources to prepare for Next Generation Assessment)
- Data teams & analysis
2. Differentiated Instruction
Focus: Differentiating instructional practices to address the needs of diverse learners. Target Audience: ELL, Special Education, and Content Specialists, general education classroom teachers and administrators.
- English Language Learners
- Special Education
- Assistive Technology
- Intervention strategies for struggling students
- Web based tools for diverse learners
3. Digital Creation
Focus: Creating digital media for student projects, communication with parents and community stakeholders, and professional development needs. Target Audience: Classroom teachers.
- Video cameras, video production
- Video Streaming (SchoolTube, TeacherTube, YouTube)
- Music, Art, Journalism, Yearbook, eBooks, Media Arts
- Podcast / iTunes
- Animation / Multimedia
- Game based learning
- STEM tools such as 3D printers, 3D design
Focus: Teaching and learning online which may include blended Learning. Blending online resources with teaching and learning. Target Audience: Classroom teachers and leaders interested in using online resources, library media specialists, professional development directors, and communications directors.
- Online learning
- Videoconferencing & Web Conferencing
- Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Blackboard, WebCT)
- Collaboration Tools - wikis, Google docs
- Choosing & Organizing Blogs
- Flipped Classroom
- Professional Development
5. Innovative Instruction
Focus: Sharing best practices that integrate technology tools for teaching and learning into the classroom. Target Audience: is preK-16 educators.
- K-12 technology integration
- Project/Problem/Inquiry Based Learning
- Subject/Content Area Focus / STEM
- Literacy Skills and Math Reasoning
- Social Networking (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Flickr)
- Instructional Strategy Tools (IWB, doc cameras, cloud-based apps, student response systems)
- Career & Technical Education (CTE)
6. Leadership & Professional Learning
Focus: Providing guidance and focused support for all educators. Target Audience: Professional development directors, curriculum coordinators, technology specialists, technology directors, and administrators.
- Assessment of Teaching Practices
- Design & Delivery of Professional Development
- Implementing technology standards
- Professional Learning Communities & Networks (PLC & PLN)
- School (Internet) Safety & Bullying
- Innovative Leadership Practices & Next Practices
- Planning & Implementing School/District Initiatives
- Searching & Writing Grants
- Creating strong relationships and partnership with community, High Education
7. Library & Media Literacy
Focus: Information and communications literacy. Target Audience: Library media specialists, technology integration specialists, and those educators responsible for teaching literacy and communication arts.
- Media or Digital Literacy
- Copyright, Fair Use & Creative Commons
- Library & classroom collaboration
- Netiquette & Digital Citizenship
- Digital Librarian - eBook and eShelf systems
- Reading & Writing Blogs
8. Mobile Learning
Focus: Learning and teaching using mobile devices. Target Audience: Teachers and leaders interested in using mobile devices in the classroom and for professional development, as well as those educators interested in 1-1 and BYOD (bring your own device) initiatives.
- 1:1 Learning
- Planning and Implementation
- Apps for Learning
9. Technical Infrastructure & Support
Focus: Technology information, security, and infrastructure of the educational institutions and implementation of 1:1, BYOD (bring your own device), Sharepoint/cloud computing. Target Audience: IT administrators, technology directors whose job includes IT, IT technicians.
- 1:1, Open campus, BYOD
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for tablets
- Wireless networking
- Network security
- Staffing & Support & Tech Management
- Open Source Systems - software, applications, management
- RFP Process
- Student IT support programs in district